Unlike what a lot of people think, vegetable soup is not that difficult. If you can get the basics, your vegetable soup would be delicious. Bear the following points in mind when you are making vegetable soup:
- Use rough peppers — By this I mean, avoid using well blended pepper, if possible, use a manual greater, mortar or grinding stone, so that you would have little or no water in your pepper.
- Make sure the the pepper and onions are well fried before adding the vegetables — The question you would ask yourself here is, Can I add this sauce to rice? If your answer is yes, you can then add your vegetables
- Drain the water in your vegetables before adding to the sauce — you don’t want too much water in your vegetables.
- Don’t overcook the vegetables
- Boil/fry the beef/fish before adding to the vegetables unless they are smoked already.
Now, watch the video below to see how I made mine: