Have you noticed how long this February has been. It keeps crawling like a snail. If you are running on a low budget just as I am this month, this palm oil pepper stew is for you. It’s so affordable and super delicious. The fact that you can even take it with different kinds of food like rice, beans, yam, potato, and even bread is so amazing. I love this recipe. I hope you enjoy it too.
- 10 balls Red Bell pepper (Tatase)
- 12 pieces Dry Cayenne Pepper (Sombo)
- 10 balls Tomato
- 3 balls Onions
- 2 Stock Cubes
- 3 pieces Smoked Panla Fish
- 1 cup Palm Oil
- Pomo (cow hide)
- Spices: Ginger, Garlic, Thyme, Curry
- A pinch of salt
- Blend dry cayenne pepper. (Do not add water)
- Blend tomatoes and bell pepper with little water (grainy).
- Slice onions in tiny cubes.
- Bleach palm oil for just 10 minutes.
- Leave palm oil to cool.
- Add onions in palm oil. Fry for 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add blended red bell pepper and tomatoes.
- Add blended cayenne pepper.
- Add spices, salt and stock cubes.
- Leave to cook for 10 minutes (keep stirring).
- Add water and keep stirring until it’s well blended.
- Add pomo (cow hide)
- Add smoked fish.
- Add some water and stir thoroughly.
- Leave to cook for about two minutes.
The aroma should have filled the room by now. Enjoy your palm oil pepper stew with choice food.