Hi food lovers, this recipe is for you. The reason why I added ayamase sauce to my porridge is because i’m that Nigerian lady that can add sauce or stew to almost anything.
Well, some say it’s people that have trust issues that do that. As for me, I added stew because my mum did while I was growing up and I got used to it. Moreover, adding stew or sauce enhances the taste. So, why not?
Here are the ingredients and directions. I hope you enjoy cooking with this recipe.
- 20 medium slices of yam
- 1 litre water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- I ball of onions
- 1/2 cup crayfish
- I/2 cup of shredded beef
- 3 cubes seasoning
- to taste Add other spices
- 3 tbs green peas
- 1/2 cup blended pepper
- 1/2 cup palm oil
- Cut sliced yam Into chunks.
- Add water and put on fire.
- Add salt
- Leave to cook for 30 minutes. Check when soft.
- Add palm oil when soft.
- Add diced onions.
- Leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add blended pepper.
- Add stock cubes, and spices of your choice to taste.
- Leave to cook for 5 minutes.
- Check to see if content has thickened. If it has, do the next step. If it hasn’t, cook for another 5 minutes. Make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Use a wooden turning stick to match the yam content into pieces of your choice again and again.
- Reduce to low heat and cover for 3-5 minutes
- Add green peas or any vegetable of your choice.
- Turn and mix well. You should have a solid and firm content now.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your choice sauce or vegetable soup and your choice drink.
Trust this recipe was helpful. Enjoy!!!